Safety Harness User and Inspection
Anyone who uses, inspects or maintains a harness and associated equipment
This half day training course provides the core knowledge required by any user, supervisor or manager of personnel using safety harnesses, lanyards, anchor
points and their associated products. The course covers the current legal obligations regarding the use of fall protection equipment, causes and resultant
effects of a fall, standards and how they affect the equipment selection, storage, care, maintenance and rescue implications associated with some uses
of safety harnesses.
- Mechanics of a fall
- Selection of fall protection equipment (includes common hazards associated with different equipment types) – Includes practical elements
- Pre-use inspection - includes practical elements
- Anchor Points and devices
- Donning a harness – includes practical elements
- Storage, care and maintenance
- Rescue requirements and options
- Theory Test paper – Multiple choice
Courses are delivered using our tried and tested blend of classroom-based theory and hands-on practical experience, your staff can develop an awareness
of the legal implications, common hazards and precautions, together with the correct selection, use, inspection and maintenance of safety harnesses.