CAT and Genny
Person who break ground locating underground services, such as electricity and gas, during excavation work is not only essential to the health and safety of operatives working on an excavation it is also vital to prevent costly disruptions and injuries during construction and civil engineering projects.
This course is aimed at persons who have some experience using Cable Avoidance Tools
Training in the use of cable avoidance tools to locate underground cables and pipes on site. Misuse could result in errors being made, and the possibility of fatal accidents, meaning this course is essential for anybody undertaking ground work. This course will enable candidates to understand fully the correct operation and functions of this equipment.
Course is a half day course (4 hours)
- Theory of cable location
- What the controls and displays indicate on specific scanners
- Calibrating and pre-use testing
- The use of power and radio in sweeping whole area
- Compatibility between CAT and Genny
- Correct operational procedures
- Practical usage outdoors in designated area
- in accordance with HSG47