Information about the course:
Who is this course suitable for?
Anyone designated by an employer as a competent person to mount and use abrasive wheels.
What is the objective of the course?
Abrasive wheels training is required both for operators and those who change abrasive wheels under PUWER 1998 and the HSAW act.
There is a legal requirement for anyone who needs to Change abrasive wheels to be trained in accordance with a Code of practice and in line with;
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
- Course induction
- Relevant legislation/approved advisory literature
- Characteristics of abrasive wheels
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking, testing, handling and storage
- Wheel mounting
- Truing and dressing
- Work rest adjustment
- Fault finding
- Personal protective equipment regulations and other
- Relevant legislation.
Available dates for this course