Information about the course:
Who is this course suitable for?
For those with responsibility for using, handling, transporting and sorting hazardous substances.
What is the objective of the course?
The COSHH regulations require employers to control substances that can harm workers' health. COSHH covers chemicals, products containing chemicals, fumes,
dusts, vapours, mists and gases, and biological agents (germs), as well as asphyxiating gases. If the packaging shows any hazard symbols then it is
classed as a hazardous substance.
What are the learning outcomes?
- An understanding of the ways in which substances can harm health
- The knowledge for definition of exposure limits
- The skills to understand exposure and conduct COSHH risk assessments
- A greater understanding of practical control measures and safe systems of work.
- Forms of chemical and biological agents and classification of substances
- Routes of entry
- Health hazards of specific agents
- The role of COSHH
- Workplace exposure limits and other sources of information
- Control measures, surveys for health risks and environmental issues.
Available dates for this course